giovedì 5 gennaio 2012

Going green is a mindset, not a damn fashion trend

I have an uncle, my mother's sister husband.



Who doesn't?



He must be now over 90, and I am over 40, but I do remember that in the summer vacations my mom shipped us for 3 months way up north to her sister to get us out of the city life and smog for a while.



They had some 40 hectares of land spread in small napkins here and there over the hills, the most large of them was 5 hectares, but good only for hay, and the closest one to their home was 3 hectares on a hill right over the village center, the rest were in between half a hectare and 2 hectares spread over 15 miles range from the house in about all directions.



They had some 300 sheep, about 10 cows and oxes and grew each year about a dozen of pigs, had 8 nasty dogs that fought wolves and bears to protect the sheep and cows, many cats to clean the rodents and hell knows how many rats and mice in their 4 winter houses (rather stables with a dorm room) spread on the main hay fields where they would take the cattle and sheep in the winter to eat the hay.



And with all this they had no car, no tractor, nothing likewise, all they used were their 6 horses, to plow, to carry (they had two horse-pulled carts, one heavy-duty with wooden wheels, and one with car pneumatics for hay or going to town to sell stuff).



They cut their hay grass by hand, they plowed with the horses, harvested by hand, transported with the horses (boy I had fun riding those huge beasts at 5 AM going to one field or another to pasture the cattle and the lambs while they did agriculture jobs, it was the only reason I woke up all mornings on my own at such hours.. lol)



When I was about 16 I become smarter and asked my uncle how comes they don't use tractors and trucks, and he said:

"The tractor might plow faster, but won't shit anything good to create manure!"

That was a tough lesson on living organic that I never forgot and I still try to live by that philosophy although I got specialized in industry, robotics, welding, aviation and hydro electric turbines, in my home we buy things in such a manner that packing can be reused and recycled, we try to eat as much as possible organic food, I advise and create sun heaters for home use (with pipes done out of recuperated empty aluminium coke cans), sun heated ovens so that one can cook the food with no toxic fumes, I also mingle with HHO bubblers and stuff, and try to create electricity from anything that is not toxic, like sun, water-flows and wind, get hot water from the sun heater, and create air-conditioning with the sun heated condensing towers.



I also love ultralight aviation (It takes you places with less than half the pollution a "clean" car would do and in a more funny way, no traffic jams, no red lights, no police tickets, and most important you can build your own plane/chopper for cheap in your own garage and legally fly it once registered and you passed the course and got your NPPL (in Europe) or LSA certification in the US and so on).

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento