domenica 9 giugno 2024

Nope, you were not unfair to FreeCad, you were just unfair to yourself.




But again, you can be as unfair to yourself as you want as long as it does not affect negativelly others.

FreeCad is like a foreign language, and if you don't give yourself a chance to learn it, you are not fair to yourself when it comes to understanding the relation of that language to other languages you know (Am I assuming it right when I guess you only understand English?), their common roots for certain words and concepts, their separated roots for the others, why synonims are soooooo different in spelling and pronunciation, what the heck are them omonimes, antonimes, etc.

I started my CAD life in Autocad in 2000, when it was... yeah. It was shit, horribly shit, but also the only option I could afford.

Migrated to Inventor 5 or 6 when they popped up and the world changed from North Korea to South America, I mean still shit but not that shitty all the Amazon jungle was mine now, but to me was huge improvement.

I do remeber that untill version 11 (they were already part of Autodesk by then) they had same issues like FreeCad has today, including the topographical naming problem that was making my geomtries go bizark and cockoo all the time, is Autodesk Might we speak here.

So if Autodesk higly paid teams of program writers took them from like version 7 or so when they bought Inventor to I guess version 12 or latter to fix that, why blaming some unpaid volunteers in FreeCad random teams patching it for struggling with it?

Blame yoursleves.

Putting down FreeCad with scaremongering beginers from using it, touching it, is counteproductive to the project itself.

I am a heavy FreeCad user for maybe 10 years now, their struggle was similar to Inventor struggle to patch it up to desired outcome, but unlike Inventor that can only be Inventor style, FreeCad you can run it any other style available, Catia style for instance, among others, you can also use any brought in patch indipendently, such as OpenScad or others, and eveidently you have to cope with all yet to be fixed issues.

For now I am still runing FreeCad 1.9 that I find more stable and less problematic than 2.0 or 2.1 ones, I tried Ondsell for a few weeks, well combed but you don't have the original FreeCad pallet of options I am used with, so extremelly limitative, I felt like going from Android to Iphone, pasing from being free to roam the woods to a glamourous jail.

I saw comments that in FreeCad you cannot build complex geometry... dudes... and duddessses... if a complete part 103 airplane with every single command cable, handle, seat and any detail you want is not complex geometry... and yes I am actually building it in my shed, or a complete catamaran with hydraulic mast, riggs, sails, bilge pumps, water lines, water filtration, sewage, galley, bedrooms, heads, showers, gallery, steering systems, not to mention hull and keel, stern and bow weird geometries to get even in free hand design, not to mention the molds to build said geometris is not complex design I have no clue what else could be since modern buildings have fairly straight lines shapes and hence architecture of buildings is far less of a challange than boat architecture, and yes, I am doing all this in FreeCad, in my spare time, unpaid, just for the fun of it.

I love designing my ideas, and I love prototypng them and see how it comes out in real life.

. Conclusion, the more FreeCad users are the more complaints can be raised ( I won't ever in my life bump in all the possible issues, trust me) and more of the FreeCad issues can be sorted by other volunteers that never bumped into them issues, but know how to snug code, love it like I love design and prototyping, and do it just because and for no other reason, like I do...

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento