lunedì 20 febbraio 2023

I water cooled my 3D printer heatsinks for a reason.

Does the water cooling speed your printing on the non-exotics like PLA and ABS?

Willingly yes, but that was not the probem I was aiming at when did this.

My issue was cooling the heatsink in an enclosure while the heat in the enclosure was my source of air for the cooling fan, guess what? Filament jam in the heatsink was the norm.

Not anymore.

Another issue I had even in open frame printers (I have 3 of them) was when printing very hot, like 300C and above, the heatsink cooled with a fan of 30mm did ... nothing, so... filament jam in the heatsink, so I designed myself some fan enhacer funnels, still fitting snug on the heatsink but carying 50mm, or 60mm, or even 80mm fans, it was solving the problem at that temperature level, once going higher again not sufficient, so.. bigger fan, at the expense of adding weight to the printing head.

Now all my pritners are watter cooled, no more issues with Nylon, PPS, Polycarb or other highter temp than PLA filaments in absurdly long print sessions one go, like two weeks one go...

I have prepared a portal to sell all the STL files so anybody can enhance their machines for cheap, just print the critical components, buy the off the shelf ones, a few days of work and... you own the world.

Just click anywhere on this text to take you there and explore it.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento