mercoledì 31 luglio 2024

The Instant Gratification Syndrome is killing humanity



Pertinent but incomplete analysis:

Let's not forget that all the bad things that make our life good are not because we want to have them as antique culture inherited from generations and generations of practicing their use.

It is because we were pushed from behind to want, often against our will.

Just like when they were under Communism or Capitalism, the peasants were taken from the villages in sackcloth and relocated in to the factories in the city to produce for them rich peoples business, because they had control of society and business, and made to live in conditions not at all consistent with their countryside lifestyle, forced to adapt to become something else (much taller, and much sooner), and in order to attract them they had to offer them "advantages" either economic or comfort, gadgets that arouse the envy of the neighbors and parents but... they bring zero extra comfort in reality.

Someone and something had to produce those gadgets, so they invented an economy of "fashion" that is floating and permanently changing in everything.

It's fashionable, so I want it (Well, but do you need it for something?) It doesn't matter, it's fashionable, I deplete my savings, abandon my human dignity, I kiss the ass of whoever I want, I stand in queues for three days and nights, and then I boast into the press that I have it.

I don't need it for anything, but I can brag big time.

Because this mental illness stuck only to those who had a lot of money, most of the population had not fallen ill from "I want to have it even though I don't need it" and therefore they gave access to money at any level, cheap, urgent credit and without any guarantees required.

This gave birth to an enormous wave of mental illnesses on the new version; "instant gratification".

So it doesn't matter anymore that I want to, even though I don't need to, and I'll be saving money for five years so that I can brag when I can have one.

Now I am going to brag in three days, the time needed to make myself a slave for life to whoever gives me the credit, then I not only work as a slave on the plantation to pay the debts (which keep accumulating as more and more fashionable things appear out of nowhere) , but I can't blame anything against whom is directing the planet, leading to my psychological and physical damage, because I owe them, so the "keep your mouth shut or you don't have another credit" to maintain the social status of "I don't actualy need this but... I have it" kicks in provoking self censoring behaviours.

Stop the planet because I want to get off here.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento